While a mechanical heart pump can be a lifesaving intervention for patients with late-stage failure of the left side of the heart, the surgery to implant the pump can be risky. A new calculator helps tailor the risk assessment for each patient.
Tag: cardiac surgery
Sorry, No Posts Found
- Study Uncovers Why CPAP Fails to Lower Heart Disease Risk
- Living Near Fast Food and Bars Increases Heart Failure Risk
- Heart Attack Survivors More Likely to Develop Serious Conditions, Study Finds
- Pulse Oximeter Flaws May Limit Black Heart Failure Patients’ Care
- New Suggested Steps Per Day Far Fewer Than Often-Cited 10,000